I know, I know. This post is sooooooo yesterday. But here’s the thing. I’m a busy girl! Sure I had time to spend hours reading how all of y’all break the rules, but I didn’t have time to sit down and hash out my own post. In case you missed it, Beth, b.k.a. SUAR, started all this with this fun post.
Without further adu…
1. I watch ENTIRELY too much television. Just take yesterday for example. I worked all day, came home, ran, took a shower, cooked supper, and that put us at 7:00 on the dot. Just in time for American Idol! After that, there was The Office, then South Park reruns on Comedy Central until I fell asleep on the couch at about 9:30. Two and a half hours of watching mindless TV. And this is not an isolated event. But who can blame me with so much quality entertainment at our fingertips?!
2. I still deep fry certain things. Approximately 90% of the time I eat very well and am careful about what put in my body. But some things are still sacred. Oven-baked tater tots SUCK!!!
3. I cuss like a sailor. It just makes you feel better. Really. Go on. Try it. Next time you stub your toe, instead of cringing and saying, “Oh, darn, that hurts,” shout the F bomb at the top of your lungs. I promise your toe won’t hurt as bad.
4. I don’t always wash my makeup off before going to bed. This stems from my bad habit of falling asleep on the couch instead of getting in the bed when I start feeling sleepy. If I wake up on the couch and then go wash my face, it wakes me up and I am forever trying to get back to sleep. This is only an issue on the evenings I don’t run or spin because I always shower after that anyway.
5. I drove my Corvette every day for a year and a half without registering it. I took the license plate off my Altima and slapped it on that ‘vette and prayed I didn’t get pulled over.
6. During this, the era of hybrids and greenness and sustainability, I now drive a gas-guzzling Tahoe. I hate it. 13 MPH. That shit’s gotta go. And it will be, very soon hopefully. The Tahoe was only bought so I would have something to drive while D does some work to my ‘vette and sells it this spring. As soon as it is sold and I get that H3 I’ve been wanting, the Tahoe is gone too. Yeah, we’re kind of car poor these days. I really don’t know why we have so many, but we’re in the process of whittling it down.
7. I wear my Night & Day contacts longer than the approved 28 days. I haven’t gone blind yet.
8. I don’t do self-breast exams. I don’t know why. I just don’t.
9. I don’t donate blood. I know I really should, but I’m such a puss when it comes to needles that I just can’t bring myself to do it. I pass out when I have blood drawn at the doctor’s office anyway. I’m afraid I’d go into a full-on stroke if I had to lay there with a needle in me for as long as it takes to give blood.
10. I tan in a tanning bed and I lay out and don’t wear sunscreen. Except on my face. I get freckles on my nose if I don’t.
How do YOU break the rules???