I felt like I wanted to write a post, but I’ve been sitting here looking at a blank “new post” screen for a good ten minutes, unable to come up with anything post-worthy. (It doesn’t help that there’s a Cardinals ballgame on distracting me.) So what does one do when one can’t come up with a full post?
- Today is Easter, and all day long I’ve been reading people’s posts on Facebook about their Easter church services and such. I went to church this morning, and it was a completely standard service. Easter wasn’t acknowledged in anyway whatsoever. I wanted to ask someone why but I didn’t want to feel like an idiot. (I attend Church of Christ, so if anybody knows anything about this that I don’t, please enlighten me.)
- We had a low-key night out with some friends last night. We gorged on Mexican and then they wanted to go see the new Madea movie. I had never seen any of them, and after last night I can safely say I’ll never see any more of them. I did not enjoy it. It might have been tolerable had it not been for all the ghetto idiots in there yelling out at the screen.
- The announcers for this ballgame I’m watching are talking right now about extended playoffs this year with an extra wildcard team. I’m not sure how I feel about this.
- I haven’t run since the half-marathon last Saturday. I had planned to take a one-week break just because I felt like I needed it. Mentally more than physically. I’m ready to get back at it.
- I have been so unbelieveably tired this week and weekend. I thought it was possibly because I had lost so much sleep due to the middle-of-the-night storms through the week, but you’d think I would have caught back up by now. I fell asleep on the couch after work almost every day, and I took a 2-hour nap both yesterday and today. And I swear if I closed my eyes for 15 seconds I could be asleep again right now. I hope I get my energy back when I get back into a running routine tomorrow.
- There was a bone marrow drive in a town about 20 miles from here yesterday. I wanted to go, but with these crazy gas prices and my gas-guzzling truck, I didn’t. I learned on bethematch.org that you can order the kit and join the registry by sending in a cheek swab, so that’s what I did. Some of the questions I had to answer were insane: “In the past five years, have you taken money or drugs in exchange for sex?” Whew! Good thing I stopped doing that six years ago!
- Our electricity has gone off at least once a day since it came back on the day after the storms last week. I’m tired of resetting clocks.
- It never fails… every time I’m trying to hear something on TV, my dogs will go get their Nylabones and park their asses right in the middle of the living room, crunching and grinding louder than the television.
- I went through my jewelry chest this week and dug out a few pieces of gold jewelry that I haven’t worn in a long time. Some of it I forgot I even had. I sold it for $285. Score. Makes me wish I hadn’t hocked my first wedding set for $50 right after the divorce.
- Four day work week this week! I’m taking a day of leave on Friday. The sister and I will be Nashville bound!
Did you have a big Easter service at church?
Do you donate blood? I wish I could, but I’m too much of a wuss. I pass out at the sight of blood.