Much like my mind the past week, this post is all over the place.
- I nearly wrecked a few days ago swerving to avoid a squirrel carrying what I’m 99.9% sure was a baby squirrel in her mouth. (You’re welcome, Momma Squirrel.) This morning a rabbit ran out in front of me in the exact same spot. Dang suicidal wildlife…
- The dermatologist gave me a prescription for Epiduo. It had better be some good stuff. One 45-gram tube of that gel retails for almost $300. My insurance paid it down to $58 and I had a coupon to get it down to $35.
- While I was there, I also had the doctor snip off a skin tag. It was in a very uncomfortable location, in the crease where the inner thigh meets crotchal area. Running has always rubbed it quite a bit, but the bike bothers it even more, so it had to come off. It was just a quick snip and it was off. No stitches or anything, but It was VERY tender to any friction and kept me from being able to run until Sunday. Not that I probably would have anyway because I had other more important things to tend to. Such as…
- Thursday after I left the doctor’s office I had to go to a graduation cookout for my niece.
- And her graduation was Friday night. It was outside. It was HOT. It was loooooooooong. We had to get there early just to get a place to sit, and we had to sit through the entire thing because her last name starts with a W, so naturally she was one of the last ones to walk the line. But I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. She’s home for the summer, and then she leaves for the Air Force in August.
- I had ALMOST forgotten how much I hate running in the heat. I ran 4.5 miles Sunday and 4 miles Monday and it was rough. I’ll just have to keep reminding myself of what someone told me last summer: Persevere through summer for a fruitful fall.
- I’ve done my last two runs without music just trying to build mental endurance. Screw that. It sucked.
- C.C.’s vet appointment went fine. The vet doesn’t think there’s any actual arthritis but did suggest putting her on a supplement for joint health because she is old, overweight, and probably does have some joint discomfort.
- Someone is coming to look at the vette today. Fingers crossed he buys it.
- We leave Tuesday to go to the mountains for our nephew’s wedding. We will be staying until Sunday. I am not looking forward to the trip.
- I am, however, looking forward to going to Myrtle Beach in September. It ain’t Cabo, but there’s sand and water, so it’ll at least allow me to get my beach fix.
- Sometimes I feel like I’m wishing my life away. I’m always looking forward to something, but rarely happy in the moment.
- It just hit me at work a little while ago when I wrote the date that I was divorced seven years ago today.
- Looks like I’ll be doing back-to-back half-marathons again in October. I got an email yesterday about a new one in Clarksville the weekend before RnR St. Louis! I can’t pass up a local half-marathon.
- Blogger is pissing me the eff off today. I’m trying to comment on posts, and it’s making me sign in EVERY TIME, and even when I sign in, it tries to post the comment as anonymous. I give up.