I’m enjoying doing the Tuesday Tidbit series. So many times things happen that I want to document but aren’t in and of themselves postworthy. Such as…
- We finally joined everyone else in 2011 and signed up for Netflix. I am totally digging the instant streaming.
- I’m doing Adam’s virtual Sweat Your Thorns Off 5K this Saturday. It’s gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
- I’m just getting started on the third book in the Harry Potter series. I’m rather enjoying them.
- Me, my sister, and two of her friends are having a girls’ night at a local winery Saturday night. Every so often they have a “Concert in the Vineyards.” It’s just an outdoor nighttime concert where everyone brings lawn chairs and picnic stuff. They only ask that you don’t bring in other alcohol because they keep the store open until the concert ends. The winery is 3.5 miles from my house, but I’ve never been to one of these events. Should be fun!
- I want a boat.
- I don’t think I’ve ever been this un-tan in June.
- Work still sucks. In addition to everything else, I’ll find out this afternoon when one of my full-time carriers goes out for a worker’s compensation carpal tunnel surgery. Since her sub will be tied down on her route the full 4-6 weeks that she’s out, that will essentially leave me with NO subs. God forbid someone get sick or have car trouble.
- We have ants. Not inside the house, thank God, but they have taken over outside. I was trying to pull some grass out of the landscaping a few days ago, and everywhere that you pulled and disturbed the mulch, they came crawling out by the hundreds. Pest control came and sprayed yesterday. She said we were one of the lucky ones if they weren’t inside because they have been HORRENDOUS this year.
- Remember that used bicycle I bought a few months ago? It’s still sitting in the exact same place in the garage in the exact same condition I bought it in.
- I love this time of year (minus the heat, humidity, and bugs). My belly is happy and full of fresh local veggies. I’ve already eaten more squash and zucchini this year than I think I ever have in my life.
- Hot or not, I have GOT to get my running base back up. That 10K I ran back at the first of May is the longest I have run since my last half-marathon in April. This three miles here and four miles there stuff isn’t gonna cut it anymore. I’ll never acclimate to the heat if I don’t just get out there and do it.
- I took the afternoon off work, but I don’t even get to enjoy it. Eye appointment at 1:30 and chiropractor at 3:45. I hope it doesn’t make me as sore as it did last week because it’s Tuesday. That means 400s! That has quickly become my favorite workout!