- I have a bit of a girl crush on Mila Kunis. That girl is HOT. Straight girls can say that, right?
- I love my new Brooks Ghost 4s. They feel great! I can especially tell a difference between the Mizuno and Brooks toe box. The wider Brooks toe box is a much better fit for my foot.
- I got new glasses last week. I usually wear contacts, but sometimes I like to wear glasses. I like these a lot better than my last pair. I have a pretty strong prescription, so they’re kinda thick. Not coke bottles or anything, but thick. I paid extra this time to have them made thinner and it made a lot of difference.
- I got a Google+ account. To say that I am less than impressed is a huge understatement.
- We watched Hall Pass Friday night. HILARIOUS. Highly recommended.
- D is changing jobs. He’s an electrical contractor. He had been making a living wiring new construction up until a couple of years ago when the housing market came to a screeching halt. New construction around here dropped off to nothing, so he went to work for a general contractor to have something to do to pay the bills between wiring houses. Well, he hasn’t wired a house in about a year now and just doesn’t enjoy doing general construction work every day. Since he’s been working on my H3, it has reminded him of how much he enjoyed rebuilding cars when he did that. He’s going to work managing a local body shop that a friend of his owns. They are also going in together on a side business of buying wrecks and rebuilding them. I’m super stoked that he is going to get to do something that he will be happy doing again. I’m actually kind of jealous.
- Our TV is now dotless. They fixed it last Thursday when we were up to 27 dots. MAN, that was annoying!
- I don’t like the fact that my nieces and nephews are growing up. At the family BBQ on Sunday, it was weird that my nephew (the one that just got married) and his girlfriend (now wife) weren’t there. They’re off being all grown up at their new home in Ohio. And it was the last holiday my neice will be home for before leaving for the Air Force next month. 😦 The 11-year-old is all that’s left. 😦
- I need a haircut.
- I haven’t been seeing much of D lately. He works all day then works on the truck in the evenings. Not much longer now though!
- My dogs were cracking me up last night. Some of the neighbors were setting off fireworks. My dogs aren’t scared of things like thunder or fireworks, but they will occasionally bark at strange noises. They would hear the pops and go running down the hall in a barking fit, and D and I would just sit there watching TV. They would come running back to us and look at us and you could just SEE them thinking, “DO YOU NOT HEAR THAT?!?!” It was hilarious. Until I was trying to go to sleep.
- It’s been a long day. I feel a nap coming on, then it’s to the track I go!
Just like that, in the blink of an eye, POOF, 2011 is half gone. I had set some goals for myself this year, so let’s just see how they’re coming along, shall we?
#1 – Be happy and reduce stress. I’ve done what I can, but honestly as long as I work for the USPS life is gonna suck just a little bit. They’re going to make damn sure of that.
#2 – Decrease meat and animal product consumption. I’ve done well in this area. I’m actually THISCLOSE to going full-on vegetarian. I’m even taking my own “phony burgers” (as my mom called them yesterday) to the family BBQ tomorrow! Aside from the couple of bites of chicken fingers I swiped from D’s plate last night (it doesn’t count if it comes from someone else’s plate, right?), the only meat I had at all last week was in the spaghetti I made last Sunday. And although I am not pursuing veganism, I have drastically cut down my consumption of milk. The taste of almond milk blows cow’s milk away.
#3 – Decrease unnecessary spending. I’ve done well here, too. More out of necessity than desire. It’s been a rough year financially, so I haven’t had the fun money to blow on unnecessary things. Even still, the only new clothing items I’ve bought have been the dress that I had to buy to wear to a wedding (I honestly had NOTHING in my closet that I could wear.) and work clothes. And I really don’t count the work clothes, because if I’m buying something that I WANT to buy, you can bet your ass it won’t have the postal logo anywhere on it.
#4 – Run 1,000 miles. Now where did I put that big red FAIL stamp… Not even close. I will surpass last year’s mileage of 710.3, but I will have to put that 1,000 off until 2012.
#5 – Do more cross- and strength-training. I’ve done BETTER here but still lots of room for improvement, especially with regards to strength training.
#6 – Work on speed in 5K and HM distances (sub-2:10 half). I’ll give myself a passing grade on this one. I haven’t been as faithful with a track regimen as I should be, and I plan to remedy that going into this training cycle. However, I did get myself below a 9:00 min/mile in the 5K (8:58 to be exact), and I’m halfway to my HM goal. When I set that goal, my PR was 2:21:13. It is now 2:15:28. I feel
confident hopeful that I’ll see that 2:0X:XX this fall.
So bring on the second half of 2011! Have a safe and Happy Fourth, everyone!
1. I ran Adam’s Virtual 5K Saturday and it sucked as bad as I thought it would. 29:29 I am NOT a warm-weather racer. At all. Ever.
2. We’re up to 25 dots on the TV now. The repair shop has the part on order. Should be here tomorrow.
3. Four-day weekend. WAHOO!!!