- I am still alive.
- Work still sucks, but at least I still have a job. I finally got my sub hired and trained and took Friday off. It was my first day off in waaaaaaaaaaay too long.
- For two months I have been neglecting the old bloggaroo, neither posting nor reading/commenting. It was just too depressing. I haven’t been in the best mental state lately, and it was depressing for me to read about all of your successes (Hey, I never claimed to be a good sport), and depressing for me to write about all of my failures. So I did neither.
- I did not get to take the beach vacation that I was supposed to take in early September.
- I did not run the half-marathon in Clarksville I was supposed to have run Saturday.
- I will not be running the half-marathon in Clarksville I was supposed to be running next Saturday.
- I will not be running the half-marathon in St. Louis I was supposed to be running on 10/23.
- I only have myself to blame for the previous three bullets.
- I ran 16 miles in September. It was my lowest low point (emotionally and mileage-wise), but my spirits and my mileage are now both on the rise.
- My speed and stamina have taken a major hit. (DUH! That tends to happen when you don’t run.)
- I’ve got four weeks to get 10K ready.
- I’ve got eight weeks to get half-marathon ready.
- I’ve thrown my hopes for a PR at either distance out the window.
- My focus for now is on the shorter distance. My HM running partner for St. Jude has run into her own training barriers, so we plan to “run” for fun only. I’ve got all winter long to get PR-ready for the HM distance in the spring.
- I found a home for my foster kitten that I posted about (which I took deleted because it was just too depressing), and she is doing wonderfully with her new forever family.
- I am SUPER excited about a trip that I have coming up! I’m flying to VA to visit my awesome friend Michele next month. *Insert squeals and clapping here*
- While I’m there, we will be trekking down to Richmond so that she can slaughter the Richmond half-marathon while her son and I act as her official race crew. *Insert more squeals and clapping here*
- I have stuck with the whole vegetarian thing (with some very vegan tendencies) since I went veg on 7/9 and haven’t looked back. I freakin’ love it.
Aaaaaand, I guess that’s pretty much it. And now if you’ll excuse me, I have some catching up to do on all of your blogs too!