The fabulous Kim recently tagged me in her “Tell Me About Yourself” post, and I decided to play along for a change. Yeah, I usually blow these things off, but let’s face it, I’m struggling for blog topics at the moment. Good timing, Kim!
Now let’s get down to business!
1. I got my first job when I was 14 years old. My parents owned a video store, and I worked there as a clerk. From there I went to car hop, then to bank teller, to medical transcriptionist (with a little bit of legal transcription for fun and for extra $$$), and then to the ol’ P.O.
2. My first car was a Dodge Shadow when I was 16. Then an Altima, a Corvette, a Tahoe, and now an H3. I missed the memo about making more practical purchases as you get older.
3. There are certain words and phrases that are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Thankfully they are usually short-lived in the popular “slang,” but the latest and greatest is the one that nearly puts me over the edge every time I hear it: “Awesomesauce.” Easily the most obnoxious word EVER uttered in the English language.
4. I hate technology. Until I learn how to use it, that is. I always resist the change, but then when I finally conform, I’m a total nerd about it. That being said, I just installed the Garmin Training Center software. (Yeah, I’ve had my 305 for almost two years, and I’m just now installing the software..) Now that I have all this new data at my fingertips, be prepared to see lots of pictures like this:
5. I battle insomnia something fierce. The older I get, the worse it gets.
6. November is my absolute favorite month of the year. It’s cool but not freezing cold. There are two paid government holidays. More family time. And the holiday season is starting but without the full-blown craziness of December.
7. I am a HUGE St. Louis Cardinals fan and have absolutely been on Cloud 9 since last Friday night. World champs, baby!!! Got squirrel?