- We stepped outside of our hard-rock box and went to a country concert with friends Sunday night. Lady Antebellum. It reminded us why we don’t like country music. A guy named Josh Kelly opened for her. It was absolutely hysterical. I’m pretty sure he meant for it to be. It HAD to be a comedy act. Because no white boy should expect to be taken seriously wearing skinny jeans, a V-neck t-shirt, and rapping the theme song to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- I have seriously pulled (if not broken) something in my rib cage. I feel fantastic now, but this cough just will. not. go. away. I’m THISCLOSE to going to the doctor. If you know me, you know this is major.
- I still don’t have my Christmas tree up.
- Nor do I have my shopping done.
- The shopping that I have done, I’ve been making a conscious effort to buy independent. I’ve bought seven things and none of them have come from a big-box store or chain.
- I have eaten an embarrassing amount of caramel corn today.
- I’m pretty sure I just added a second half-marathon to March’s schedule. My mom’s best friend lives in Little Rock. The Little Rock Marathon is March 4th. You do the math.
- I had to scale the fence to get to the track. I guess now that football season is over the high school doesn’t think anyone needs access to the field and locked the gate. If they’re serious, they should invest in barbed wire. Six-foot chain link fence? Pfffft. Please.