This week I have been
jinxed lucky enough to be tagged TWICE for this latest meme. First by Jenn and then by Kate.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their bogs and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about, “You are tagged if you’re reading this.” You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
My 11 Random things:
1. I have lived in West Tennessee all of my life. In six different houses in three different counties (with four of those moves taking place between 2004 and 2007), but all in West TN.
2. . Even though I grew up in the south, I do not wear camouflage, hunt, fish, watch NASCAR, watch wrestling, go camping, take my truck mudding, or own a gun.
3. I want a gun.
4. Since going vegetarian, the thing I miss the most? Pepperoni. I still steal one or two off of my husband’s pizza. Although I did just discover Yves meatless pepperoni slices at my grocery! I bought some a couple of days ago and plan to make a pizza with them tonight.
5. I kick ass at Wheel of Fortune.
6. I was just nominated and voted into our county 911 Board of Directors. I thought only old people were on the Board of Directors for anything.
7. Kiwi makes my lips itch.
8. I saw a live beaver for the first time recently. I was running one of my usual routes and as I was crossing the bridge over the creek, something moving in the water caught my eye. I stopped and watched a huge beaver work on his dam for several minutes. I’ve looked for him every time I’ve run past that spot since but haven’t seen him again.
9. D and I met through internet dating.
10. I have a Pit Bull and an American Bulldog (photos to the right) and take every opportunity I get to be a bully breed advocate.
11. The oldest item of clothing that I own is a Bush concert t-shirt from 1997. Rest assured that I do NOT wear it in public. It’s just so soft and comfy to throw on at night after a shower when I’m just sitting around the house!
Jenn’s 11 Questions
1. When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging in December of 2009. I had just finished my first half-marathon and had been following a few running blogs for a little while. I just thought it would be fun to have my own and hopefully make some connections and friends–which I have!
2. Who is your fitness inspiration and/or what inspires you to work out? My friend Michele was my original inspiration to start running. It was while watching her train for her first marathon that I decided to train for a half. When I made that decision, I was not a runner AT ALL. Seriously, I started from zero. And she still continuously inspires and motivates me. 🙂 Love that girl!
3. Do you prefer working out alone or with someone? I’ve never really had the opportunity to workout with someone else. None of my local friends run, so all of my runs are solo. I used to wish so hard for a running partner, but now I’ve learned to appreciate the solitude.
4. Do you read labels at the grocery store? If I’m buying something I’ve never shopped for, yes. But I almost always remain loyal to brands I know. I’ve read enough labels that I know which breads and BBQ sauces have HFCS and which ones don’t, which Worcestershire sauces are vegan and which ones aren’t…
5. What is your favorite food? Food that someone else cooks.
6. What has changed your life or shaped you to who you are today? Everything. Every decision I’ve made, every person I’ve met, every victory, every failure, every heartbreak… they all shape who we are as a person.
7. What is the last thing you tried that was completely new to you? Parsnips.
8. What’s one goal you have achieved that you never thought you could? Finishing a marathon. I really shouldn’t say I NEVER thought I could, but I had some serious doubts while training on a bum knee.
9. What’s your #1 goal for 2012? To be a happier, less stressed version of me! And to run a 2:0x half-marathon.
10. What gets you through or cures a tough day? My favorite way to unwind after a tough day is to go in our bedroom by myself (no husband, no animals) with a glass of wine, get in my rattiest pair of sweat pants, and lay in the bed watching All in the Family DVDs.
11. Share the best piece of advice you could give someone (about life, fitness, blogging, you name it). I heard this quote a while back, and it stuck with me. I don’t remember it verbatim, but it was something like, “You wouldn’t care as much about what people thought of you if you realized how seldom they did.”
And Kate’s 11 Questions:
1. Would you rather be told you could never run again for the rest of your life, or you have to wear the same outfit every single day for the rest of your life? Actually if I would almost WELCOME the opportunity to wear the same thing every day. So definitely that.
2. What’s your favorite post-run indulgence? Chocolate milk. Yes, I’m gradually cutting out dairy, but right now I still drink a single serving of Horizon organic chocolate milk after my long run.
3. What song gets you the most pumped up during a run? I go through phases with this one. Right now it’s Van Halen’s “Running with the Devil”, New Medicine’s “Race You to the Bottom,” and Ted Nugent’s “Stranglehold”.
4. Favorite running movie? I’ve never watched one. Have no desire to, really.
5. Have you ever peed yourself during a run? No, not technically, but I did kind of make a mess when I stopped to squat once…
6. If you could invite three people (dead or alive) to a dinner party, who would it be? My dearly departed grandmother, because I miss her so much. Daniel Tosh, because he’s effing awesome. And Nancy Pelosi, so I could punch her in the throat.
7. If you could trade lives with anybody for one day, who would you trade with? Probably my husband. Because from where I’m sitting, he looks like he’s got it made. I mean, he’s got ME.
8. If you had the ability to enact any law right now, what would it be? I would pass a federal law that no state or local government could ever enact BSL (breed specific legislation). If you don’t know what that is, it’s where they can make it illegal to own a specific breed of dog that they deem “dangerous.” They do not take into account the dog’s history, personality, training or anything. Pit bull? BAM. Gone. Rottweiler? BAM. Gone. They just rip families apart. It’s utter bullshit, and it infuriates me. Please, please, please, if you ever see anything about BSL on your ballot, voice your opinion. And if you don’t have an opinion, voice mine.
9. If you had $1 million to donate to any cause, which cause would you chose? No doubt, hands down, animal rescue.
10. Who inspires you? Besides who we already discussed above, I’d have to say all of my vegan friends.
11. Cats or dogs? I love them both and have both in my home, but if I’m being honest I’m more drawn to dogs in general.
So there you go! Now you know me like 33 times better!
Now to pass it along, here are MY 11 Questions:
1. What is the chore you most hate doing?
2. Books: Do you prefer e-readers or bound print?
3. Have you been outside the continental 48 states? Where?
4. If you won an all-expense paid trip to anywhere in the world for one week, where would you go?
5. Do you eat breakfast?
6. What’s something that you are passionate about?
7. Do you use coupons when you do your grocery shopping?
8. If you were to go to the movies tonight, what would you see?
9. Musicals? Love ’em or hate ’em?
10. Do you have any live plants in your house? (Please don’t answer that if they are illegal.)
11. How many times a week do you eat out?
And my victims are:
1. Kim #1
2. Kim #2