- I haven’t talked about running in a while. Never fear. I’m still doing it, just not talking about it. It’s above 60 degrees, so now I’m just in suck-it-up-and-run-as-slow-as-it-takes-to-not-die mode.
- I finally went to the chiropractor yesterday to have my hip looked at. It has been hurting ever since I ran the Shamrock Half back in March. When I finished, both hips were sore, but the left one never got better. It never got worse either, so I just kept running, hoping it would get better with time. Only it didn’t. It didn’t even get better when I missed 10 consecutive days of running with the flu/bronchitis/whatever else I had last month. He twisted me up in all sorts of positions and said it was in the joint. He told me to lie on my back and hold on tight to the table so he didn’t pull me off. He grabbed my lower leg and pulled and all of a sudden I felt something give in the joint accompanied by a very audible “THUNK” sound. He told me the medical term for it and said it basically meant that the ball had become jammed too far up into the socket. I hoped it would be that simple. It’s not any better today. Going back Thursday.
- Sunday was my sister’s birthday. We have a date on Saturday to celebrate. 😀
- I started a small fire in the kitchen last night. It’s okay. There was no damage and no casualties. Although it did scare the living crap out of me.
- I got in the tanning bed Sunday for the first time since before vacation. I’ve been in the sun a lot since then, but I forgot my bare ass hasn’t. Lesson learned.