My mind is so jumbled up right now, it’s hard for me to form a coherent thought, much less a coherent blog post, so this is what you get.
- This was my first vegan Thanksgiving. It was awesome. I just made a few dishes and took them to my in-laws’ and made my plate from those dishes, plus a couple of other veggie sides that were there. Perfect! (My only cheat was a big ol’ spoonful of my MIL’s potato salad, which has mayo in it. Her potato salad is worth a cheat. It’s what I look forward to most at every family get-together.)
- I’m in the final days of marathon training and I just can’t shake the feeling that I’M NOT READY.
- Through 17 weeks of training, my IT band has not hurt once and NOW in my lowest mileage week in who knows how long it decides to hurt??? It hurts so bad that it is sore to the touch. You can FEEL how tight it is just by rubbing the outside of my thigh. It’s like strumming a guitar string. The funny thing is that it doesn’t hurt when I run, so that’s good. I’ve been rolling but apparently not good enough, so I’ll be giving it hell the next few days to make sure I can make it through 26.2 with no problems.
- Several days ago I got a letter from my old church basically shunning me. I hadn’t been attending the last several months because I really had an issue with the way some things were handled there. Well, the letter pointed out the fact that I have neglected the commandment to “assemble and exhort one another” and told me that I was no longer acting as a devoted child of God because of my lack of attendance, and went on to say that because of this it would affect how the members of that church would deal with me in the community. It basically said since I no longer go to church there, they can no longer have anything to do with me. It was very cultish. I’ve always struggled with organized religion but was finally baptized when I was 30, but this horse shit has got me really questioning a lot of things again.
- My husband turned 40 last week. He took it like a champ.
- D is the one that turned 40, and I’m the one freaking out about showing my age. It seems like every time I look in the mirror I see a new line. I’m seriously thinking about getting myself Botox for Christmas instead of the Vitamix I’ve been wanting.
- Bella’s knee has gotten worse over the holiday, and her doctor won’t be back in until Monday. She’s barely putting any weight on it, but she is still acting her same goofy self, trying to run and play, all tail wags, and her appetite is still good, so I don’t feel like she’s in major distress. For that reason, I haven’t wanted to interrupt the on-call vet’s holiday weekend and will just wait to talk to her vet on Monday. I feel like I’ll be playing nurse to a post-op pup in the next few days. Yay for huge vet bills right here at Christmas…